The people directly involved in MuSiCC activities are all working in the « Laboratoire d’Océanographie et du Climat : Experimentations & Approches Numériques » in Paris (LOCEAN), more specifically in the team Biogeochemistry – Tracers – Paleoclimate (BTP)
- Damien CARDINAL, is the coordinator and scientist in charge of MuSiCC. He is Professor at Universite Pierre & Marie Curie (UPMC).
- Ivia CLOSSET was a UPMC Ph. D. student between 2011 and 2015. She was working on the Axis 1 of MuSiCC. She defended her thesis on 7th April 2015.
- K.R. MANGALAA is a UPMC Ph. D. student 2013 – 2016. She was working on Axis
2 of MuSiCC, more specifically on silicon cycle in Indian estuaries. She defended her Ph. D. thesis on 16 December 2016.
- Mustapha BENRAHMOUNE is a Technician chemist from CNRS who is working in BTP since December 2013. He is in charge of the
management of the clean lab, sample preparation and analyses of silicon concentrations.
We trained several under- and post-graduate students in the framework of MuSiCC:
- Camille Ibrahim (Licence 3 Physique fondamentale, July 2012)
- Maxime Taureau (Licence 3 Sciences de la Terre, April 2013)
- Khedidja Ameur (Master 1 en Océanographie et Environnements Marins, April-June 2013)
- Fanny Argiro (Licence 3 Sciences de la Terre, April 2015)
- Sandrine Mengue-Ela (Master 1 en Environnement Continentaux et Hydrosciences, May – July 2015)
- Louis Girard (Master 1 en Océanographie et Environnements Marins, April-June 2015)
- Martial Morin (Licence 2 Chimie, 4 semaines, July 2015)
- Shang-Yao Guo (Master 1 en Environnement Continentaux et Hydrosciences, March – July 2016)
- Around 5 secondary school students every year (one week)
To achieve the objectives of MuSiCC we are collaborating with many other colleagues in France, Europe, Australia and India. Below is a non-exhaustive list of our main collaborators by affiliations.
- Sandrine Caquineau, Irina Djouraev & Florence Le Cornec at LOCEAN (Bondy)
- François Thil & Arnaud Dapoigny at Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l’Environnement (LSCE, Gif-sur-Yvette)
- Karine Leblanc, Stéphanie Jacquet, Marine Lasbleiz & Bernard Quéguiner at Mediterranean Institute of Oceanography (MIO, Marseilles)
- Stéphane Blain at Laboratoire d’Océanographie Microbienne (LOMIC, Banyuls-sur-Mer)
- Frédéric Planchon at Laboratoire des sciences de l’Environnement Marin (LEMAR, Brest)
- Frank Dehairs, Marc Elskens, François Fripiat, Anne-Julie Cavagna at Dept. of Analytical, Environmental and Geochemistry (Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium)
- Luc André, Laurence Monin & Camille Delvigne at Africamuseum (Tervuren, Belgium)
- Nadine Mattielli & Virginia Panizzo at Dept. of Earth and Environmental Sciences (DSTE, Université Libre de Bruxelles)
- Tom Trull at Antarctic Climate and Ecosystem Cooperative Research Centre (ACE-CRC, University of Tasmania, Hobart)
- Leanne Armand & Andrès Rigual-Hernández at Marine Science Dept. (MacQuarie University, Sidney)